Cultural Formations in Text-Based Virtual Realities
Masters Thesis on MUDs (1994)
- "Power and the Evolution of Social Control in Cyberspace." Communities in Cyberspace. Edited by Peter Kollock and Marc Smith. Routledge: 1998.
- "The Self and the Internet: Variations on the 'Illusion' of One Self." Psychology and the Internet : Intrapersonal, Interpersonal, and Transpersonal Implications. Edited by Jayne Gackenbach. Academic Press: 1998.
- "Dissolution and Fragmentation: Problems in Online Communities" Co-authored with Beth Kolko. CyberSociety II. Edited by Steven G. Jones. Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, California: 1998.
- "Text-Based Virtual Realities: Identity and the Cyborg Body" and "Communication and Community on Internet Relay Chat: Constructing Communities." High Noon on the Electronic Frontier: Conceptual Issues in Cyberspace. Edited by Peter Ludlow. MIT Press: 1996.
- "Informed Consent in the Study of On-Line Communities: A Reflection on the Effects of Computer-Mediated Social Research." The Information Society. Volume 12 Number 2 (April-June 1996), pp. 169-174.
- "E-Mail and Usenet." Article co-authored with Vincent O'Donnell. Metro. No. 100 (Summer 1994/95).
- "Virtual Worlds: Culture and Imagination." In CyberSociety: Computer-Mediated Communication and Community. Edited by Steven G. Jones. Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, California: 1994. Pp. 164-183.
- "Are MUDs Banned in Australia?" in Computer-Mediated Communication Magazine. August 1994.
- "Social Issues on Internet Relay Chat." Media Information Australia. No. 67 (February 1993). Pp. 62-70.
- "Electropolis: Communication and Community on Internet Relay Chat." Intertek. Vol. 3.3 (Winter 1992). Pp. 7-15.
Elizabeth's Home Page